After business is over, Bangkok has plenty of activities for visitors to enjoy. From going out, to shopping, sightseeing or experiencing a traditional Thai massage, you'll find the top recommendations here.
The must do's in Bangkok:
- China Town street food & bicycle riding : Thailand is all about the food. This market is known about it's good quality of food. Discover here the different types of Thai dishes. It is also possible to rent a bike and make a tour through the small streets of China town and the market. In the morning the streets are filled with people.
- Asia is known for the most beautiful types of temples and palaces. Also in Bangkok there are different opportunities to admire these incredible temples, just like the Grand Palaces, Wat Pho and Wat Arun.
- In Bangkok there is also the option to go and visit the Saduak Floating Market. In a traditional long-tail boat with your own captain you will paddle between hundreds of boats selling fresh produce, souvenirs and delicious Thai food. It is possible to go on a tour. The market is open daily from 06.00 a.m. till 10.00 a.m.
- To escape the busy street life of Bangkok there are a lot of different parks you can go to and relax. Wake up early with the sunrise and join the free Tai Chi lessons which are held in de different parks in Bangkok.
- Like a lot of Asian countries Thailand is known for their massages. If you have the chance, go to a spa and experience a traditional Thais massage. A place you can go to is the Oasis Spa.
If you want to escape the busy and chaotic streets of Bangkok, but want to experience the city in a different way, then the rooftop bars are an nice option. This way you can see the city from a different view. We have made a selection of rooftop bars which are incredible to experience.
- Vertigo and Moon Bar is located on the 61st floor of the Banyan Tree hotel. With an unusual narrow and elongated shape, the entire top of the building is occupied by both the bar and the restaurant and gives the unusual impression of being aboard a spaceship in the sky. What makes the rooftop so incredible is that there is nothing above you so you can enjoy the view. The atmosphere is relaxed and there is enough place to sit and enjoy!
- Sky bar rooftop at Lebua Strate Tower offers one of the bests views of the city. It is 63 floors up and overlooking the river, it has become a must-do for a sundowner cocktail. The bar is one of the most famous rooftop bars in Bangkok. It will be crowded with people, but it will be an experience you won’t forget.
- Cloud 47 is the latest addition to Bangkok’s amazing rooftop race. The bar is located on the top of the United Center office. Cloud 47 is quite different from any other rooftop bar. Usually is is all posh and glitzy, with drink prices list as high as the building, but here prices are surprisingly friendly. The atmosphere is casual and a beer cost no more than 160 baht. The location is right in the center of popular Silom Road, just past the famous Patpong night market.
- Long table is one of the cooler sky bar’s in the city. It has the larger tables where 70 people can enjoy typical Thai food that tastes and looks incredible.
- Bluesky is a stylish and intimate rooftop bar and restaurant in the northern part of Bangkok on top of the Centara Grand Lad Prao Hotel. Due to the location on the 24th floor, Blue Sky offers uninterrupted views of downtown Bangkok. The unique view is one of the major selling points of Blue Sky. One has the opportunity to have an nice dinner, but later in the evening the rooftop will change into a club and once a month there is a Full moon party.
- Restaurant Khin Lom Chom Saphan, is located in the Phara Noakhon district of Bangkok. This open air Thai restaurant is situated on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Beinig so close too the water it is obvious that the star on the menu are freshwater fishes. The restaurant is open every day and service is between 11.00 till 02.00.
- Street buffet Rambuttri Road, here you can experience the real street food. You will start with rice and may add any of the exotic choices of typical Thai dishes. This is where the adventure begins.This restaurant will service from 18.00 till 22.00
- Likhit Kai Yang, located just behind RatchadamnoenStadium. This decade old restaurant is where locals come for a northeastern-Thai-stye meal. The English speaking owner will help you through the ordering process. LikhitKai Yang is open and serving between 9 am till 9 pm.
- Kura Apsorn, this is a comfortable inviting dining room. The main dishes come from central and southern Thailand which are very tasty . This restaurant is a favourite of members of the Thai Royal family. The restaurant is open form 10.30 am until 20.00 pm form Monday till Saterday.